WDL Demo Rss

Mullah Nasrudin Hoja's Tales


Here I want to share with you a few stories of Mullah Nasrudin Hoja, a wise man of the middle ages. They are really lovely. (Who knows more of his stories? Please share them with us in the comment section!):

Delivering a Khutba

Once, Nasreddin was invited to deliver a khutba. When he got on the minbar (pulpit), he asked «Do you know what I am going to say?» The audience replied «NO», so he announced «I have no desire to speak to people who don't even know what I will be talking about» and he left.

The people felt embarrassed and called him back again the next day. This time when he asked the same question, the people replied «YES». So Nasreddin said, «Well, since you already know what I am going to say, I won't waste any more of your time» and he left.

Now the people were really perplexed. They decided to try one more time and once again invited the Mullah to speak the following week. Once again he asked the same question - «Do you know what I am going to say?» Now the people were prepared and so half of them answered «YES» while the other half replied «NO». So Nasreddin said «The half who know what I am going to say, tell it to the other half» and he left!

Two sides of a river
Nasreddin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side:
«Hey! how do I get across?» «You are across!» Nasreddin shouted back.

Whom do you trust
A neighbour comes to the gate of Nasreddin Hoja's yard. The Hoja goes out to meet him outside. «Would you mind, Hoja,» the neighbour asks, «lending me your donkey today? I have some goods to transport to the next town.» The Hoja doesn't feel inclined to lend out the animal to that particular man, however; so, not to seem rude, he answers: «I'm sorry, but I've already lent him to somebody else.» Suddenly the donkey can be heard braying loudly behind the wall of the yard. «You lied to me, Hoja!» the neighbour exclaims. «There it is behind that wall!» «What do you mean?» the Hoja replies indignantly. «Whom would you rather believe, a donkey or your Hoja?»

Comments (5)

im first! yay!

im secound wohoo

THIRD IS THE ONE WITH THE GOLDEN CHESTTTTTTTTTTT

THAT MAKES ME SURAH NISA

test

Post a Comment

Thanx for leaving a comment :)
Danke für deinen Kommentar :)